I sit here with energy buzzing in my bones, my heart pumping a little bit faster...
A friend of mine from the play I was in last summer has referred me to her commercial agent.
WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO! (Thank you, thank you, Myra! You *ROCK*!!)
He is a SAG agent, and is only taking a few non-union character types. And for those of you who may not know, a commercial agent will only get auditions for an actor in commercials. But for me, if he decides to sign me, having a commercial agent is many good things: 1) You can make bank in commercials, and especially if you get a national commercial because you get paid residues every time the commercial is aired. 2) Having a commercial agent is a stepping stone to getting a TV/film agent, too.
So I have an interview with him on Thursday afternoon, and he'll decide after the interview if he wants to sign me or not.
I sit here with energy buzzing in my bones, my heart pumping a little bit faster...
So I haven't gotten my hair done yet, I decided to hold off (with the help of another good friend--Thank you!) The agent said I have a good character look, so I didn't want to change my hair and screw up my chances to sign with him if he likes my current headshots. But when I asked his opinion over the phone about changing or keeping my hairstyle, he said we could discuss that when I come in for the interview. One way or the other, I need to get my hair done, it's just a matter of will I get the same style I had before, or go with something more fashionable, depending on what the agent feels will be more marketable.
I sit here with energy buzzing in my bones, my heart pumping a little bit faster...
1 comment:
break a leg. I will be pulling for you
Post a Comment