I went to an open call audition for a UCLA student film last night, and I GOT THE PART!!!
Now we are so happy, we do the Dance Of Joy!!
It's a B&W short without dialogue, which I think is more challenging than having speaking lines, because as an actor I'll need to express my objectives and emotions clearly without speaking. It's all subtext. We film Monday night, possibly Tuesday night as well if we need the additional time. The director is really nice, and says she'll definitely get me copy, so I'll have material for my reel, YAY! Then mid-September, there'll be a showing of the film at UCLA, I can invite my family and friends to see the film on the big screen, which is incredibly exciting, and frightening at the same time! Can you imagine seeing your face 20 feet tall in a movie theater?
In other news, I have my headshot session set up for next Thursday, I'm very excited about that! And it's so nice to have people to ask what the best choices are to make myself more marketable. I spoke with my potential agent about what looks he thought would be best for me, and the photographer was able to give me specific ideas about the style of clothing I'll need for each look. Yay for not having to struggle to find what's gonna work anymore!
4 comments:
{{{BIG HUG}}}} Yeah! I am so excited for you. I know you will be great.
Congrats! This should be a lot of fun for you. I know you will do great.
Lots of yay's and hooray's going on here. That is wonderful about the student film. I'm sure it will be such a fulfilling experience creatively. And the headshots will be something to look forwrad to seeing - please share them when you can.
Congrats to all the good things happening in your life right now. My friend Izzy deserves it!
Congrats! Acting without dialogue is definitely a big challenge. You REALLY have to understand you're character. Student films are always fun.
Post a Comment