So I was reading a new blog I found a few days ago, and I've found another clue to start me wondering again what I should do about my hair, if anything. The clue is here, in the fifth paragraph of the blog.
I've got an appointment to get my hair cut on Sunday morning. My hair is too long to match my headshots anymore. But I'm still debating if I should get a cut and perm to match again, or just go with an entirely new, more mainstream fashionable look.
I'm considering letting the perm go, because it's too expensive to keep up. Either that or I can perm it myself instead of having my stylist do it. But my stylist is a good friend and always gives me a very generous discount, I'd feel guilty taking a part of my business away from her. Another reason to loose the perm is, as my cousin pointed out, my look will be more flexible that way, I can have straight hair or curly hair. And last, but not least, straight hair is easier to manage and keep good looking, easier & quicker to style.
I'm thinking again about getting side-swept bangs, even though I nixed them the last time around.
Yeesh!! This business is hard enough without figuring out what I'm supposed to look like to even get auditions. But common sense is finally starting to dawn on me. I don't see women who look like me on any TV shows or in movies. Not with their hair styled the way mine is. As I wrote in my other post, I'm beginning to realize that I really need to go mainstream fashionable in my look, regardless of what my character type is. At least I think that's what I need to do. AAARRRGGG!!
No comments:
Post a Comment