I'm An Acorn

I'm an acorn, small and round,

Lying on the cold, cold ground.

People come and step on me,

That is why I'm cracked, you see.

I'm a nut, and I know it!

I'm a nut, and I show it!


And thus must all of us actors sing. We've got to be totally nuts to be in this profession!


Tonight, I sat in my car for a good 30 minutes trying to figure out how to light the empty back seat, and film it at the same time. It wasn't really working. So then I get out of my car, and lie on my stomach on the hood, looking in through the windsheild to the back seat with the camcorder. My neighbors across the street were watching me, I'm sure, I saw their light inside go on, and then off again, and I saw someone silhoutted in the window. Ah well. And I discovered a problem. I have no idea how to film the back seat in the dark. I have no idea how to light it efficiently. Maybe if someone stands outside the car and shines a flashlight in the rear window? Maybe it will look like a flashlight. I dunno. Got some more experimenting to do before I figure this one out, I think.

1 comment:

krt said...

If the backseat's gonna be empty, try running an extension cord from your house and putting the highest wattage bulb you can IN the back seat in the foot well. Play around with it. This works well for characters in the front seat as well, makes it look like glow from the dash.