The Dust Is Finally Settling

On Sunday evening, I got the sides for my audition next Saturday. I've done a lot of analytical homework already on the piece, and reading Audition by Michael Shurtleff in tandem with working on the piece.
Side Note: I bought and read Audition for a college class (I think?) 10 years ago. I didn't understand a word of it back then. I'm really surprised how much more sense everything in the book makes to me this time around!

I still find myself in the habit of trying to find the perfect way to say the words as I read through the script, instead of focusing on what I'm fighting for. Part of my concern is that the person I read with won't give me anything to work off of (which is standard in auditions), so it's up to me to "self-start" so to speak. Which is where finding the perfect way to say the words may come in handy.

Hopefully, someone in my family will be available to read the sides with me as a rehearsal, and I can film the practice audition, get a good look at what I need to work on. At the moment, however, I feel confident that I will give a brilliant audition, or pretty damn close to brilliant anyhow. It just remains to be seen if I am fat enough for the role. The character's weight is a big part of the story line. I think, as Murphy's Law would have it, I'm actually not fat enough to play the fat girl, but not fit enough to be considered for a majority of non-fat-specific roles.


And as a side note on that, I am heartened to see that in the realm of TV shows, the door is opening a little wider for Big Beautiful Women (BBW). It doesn't seem this trend has reached into the movies yet however.


And on a tangent to that, I have not completely fallen off the weight-loss wagon that I started on a few months ago, but I've been dragging behind the wagon holding on to the bumper. I've been able to maintain the 10 pound weight loss I achieved several months ago.


And, that is way too many tangents. So back to acting. I'm learning in regard to filming stuff for our YouTube project, that the more clearly you can see, like visually see, the movie in your head, the types of shots you want, etc, the better the final result will be.


And I have nothing else to say at the moment, so a bien tot, mes amis! (that looks so weird without the

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your audition on Saturday...I'm pulling for you.