Temps Are People Too!

Very very first thing I have to tell you:


I GOT AN AUDITION!!!!!!


Oh my goodness, I am so happy and relieved! The auditions aren't until the end of the month, but it is in my calendar and that is the important part. WOO-HOOOO!


And my last Friday at my temp position draws closer with each passing hour. I'm starting to feel like a high school student right before summer vacation. Restless, difficulty focusing on work...


Last Thursday, one of the project managers (I've been working in an architectural firm) one of the project managers was upstairs in the AP department where I've been working, and he stopped by my cubicle and asked why my name wasn't in the name plate. I said "I'm a temp employee." And he said, "Temps are people too!" Then he grabbed a sticky note and a pen, wrote "Temps are people too" and stuck the note to my name plate.


So then Friday, I made my own sticky note. I drew a Kilroy with curly hair and a bow, and wrote "Isabelle wuz here", and stuck that to my name plate. I decided to leave it up, because I liked having my name there. I didn't realize how subtly it was bothering me, not having my name on my cubicle or my own computer sign in or e-mail or anything over the last four months that I've worked there.


So today, the gal from human resources stops by my cubicle and gave me an official name plate. She said "I know it's a little late, but I wanted to give you this anyways." I was very surprised, and equal parts pleased and embarrassed. I hadn't meant my Kilroy to be a passive-aggressive cry for attention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, for the audition!!! GO GIRL!!

Danne Len Cole said...

ALRIGHT!!! Yeah! I am so doing a happy dance right now for you! That is great news! and also about your nameplate...better late than never! :)

magickat said...

Curious how many other people were wondering about the name plate thing... I'm guessing people were expecting you to stay and that you will be missed.

But so what???? YOU HAVE AN AUDITION, BABY! Hell yeah!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Break a leg on that audition, and I expect a full report!! :)