Twitchy Left Eye

My left eyelid was twitching a LOT over the last couple of weeks. Not constantly, but regularly throughout the day, every day. It was driving me nuts. I figured it was just cuz I was tired, I hadn't been getting enough sleep. I was also feeling more and more frustrated with my temp assignment, the work is so monotonous, and working 40 hours at a job I don't enjoy, and not having enough time during evenings and weekends to take care of myself as well as all the errands and chores that need to be taken care of, as well as participating and enjoying the YouTube series...no vacation or time off from work unless I called in sick, and even a three day weekend didn't feel relaxing, the thought began pounding in my head: "It's never-ending...it's never ending and I hate it." I was feeling more and more exhausted and depressed.


So last Monday, I woke up and the thought popped into my head: "Today's the day I give notice." It just felt completely right, this is what I'm supposed to do. I don't know why, or what's coming next, or how things will change for the better, but it's what I'm supposed to do right now. So I gave my two week notice at this assignment. I feel so incredibly calm and centered about the decision, part of me thinks I should be freaking out that I made the wrong decision, but I really have to work at getting myself worried about it. So I don't worry. I just sit here amazed at how calm I feel. And my left eye hasn't twitched since.


I hope to have a nice mini-vacation before Abigail Abbott finds me another short-term assignment. I'm also planning to call the Abigail Abbott office in Pasadena so they can start looking for a long-term temp assignment for me in the Pasadena/LA/Burbank/Santa Monica area. I'm visualizing a job that gives me the flexibility to take time off to audition or film when I get cast. I'm visualizing a job with more variety in the work, and that will allow me to use my preferred skills such as writing, desktop publishing, and creative problem solving. I'm visualizing a job that will pay at least $14 to $15 an hour. And once I have found this job, and have saved up some money--I've been spending too much these last few months, since I have been making enough to actually spend frivolously for once--I plan to move close to my new job, and to Hollywood, where hopefully I'll have the opportunity to make acting business connections.


But part of me wonders if the Universe doesn't have something completely different in mind for me. Something better than I could possibly imagine. Or maybe it's just time to leave this assignment so that I can find that other job I'm visualizing. Maybe it's time to leave this job so that someone else who really needs and wants the position can have it. I just know that it's time for me to move on. I feel it with absolute certainty, and a warm, positive glow. Much the same way my intuition told me a couple of weeks ago that it was a great day to call in sick, and it turned out my staying home helped work out what could have become problems. Such as the bug guy, he was scheduled to come at 3 pm, so my mother made her plans to be home at 3. He showed up at noon, and we would have been S.O.L. if I hadn't been home. And then, on top of that, while the bug guy was laying ant traps in the kitchen, he found my Dad's escaped and missing gekko which I was able to capture and return to it's cage.


So I have the same feeling about giving notice at my job. We'll see what the Universe brings to me.

2 comments:

Danne Len Cole said...

I have had that same feeling with a past job. I knew it wasn't the right place for me but I didn't want to quit and have no money and on top of that look for another job. But after being very unhappy for a good few months I woke up one day to get ready for work and thought today is the day. Now I just flat out quit which I haven't ever done before or since but just knowing that I was done made me feel so much more relaxed and happy. Good things are coming your way!!! :) Oh and that eye thing I also had and was told it was because I wasn't getting enough calcium. Take care!

Iziezi said...

Hi Danne!

Thanks for the supportive comment! :)

Thanks for the info on the twitchy eye, too! It's good to know!