The Final Stretch


Well, my audition is tomorrow. I'm starting to get really nervous. Grrr. I have nothing to be nervous about.




I've been doing my homework for this since I got the piece. I've worked on it at least 10 minutes every day, some days much more than that. I've (finally) got my moment before. After doing all the "selfish" homework (what's at stake for me, what my thoughts & feelings are regarding the other character and our history), I've finally come around to "It's not about how his words are affecting me, it's about how I'm affecting him. What am I going to do to him to get what I want?" And my practice audtions have gotten much much better.




I've also discovered that if I stand with one foot out in front of the other a little bit the way that I was taught in my singing classes (yes, singing), there is no physical way I can shift my weight from side to side and thus go out of frame. (Not in front like I'm tight-rope walking, just shoulder width apart, one foot more in front than the other.)




So all I need to do tomorrow is relax, focus, trust, and go for it. I've done my homework, it will all be there subconciously. So stop being nervous, Izzie!




I also wanted to write very quickly that one of my new favorite TV shows is Flight Of The Conchords. It's such a stupidly silly show. They do the under-acting thing, and they have two and a half songs every episode. The songs spring from and help move along the story line, I really enjoy them musically, and they have ridiculous lyrics like "I'm not crying over you. I'm cutting up an onion. I'm making a lasanga...for one." They have silliness such as the audition sign for a new band member when one quits to get a "real career" holding signs. The audition sign said "Must have curly black hair and a beard" (which is what the guy who quit looks like) and "Must be sorry". It's great!




And I wanted to say how much I admire Geoffrey Rush, he's an awesome actor. I truly believe he can play just about any role.




And now I'm off to rehearse for my audition tomorrow! EEEEEEEEEEK!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck, I know you will do fine!!!