I've made a huge mess and deeply hurt two of my good friends in the process. My actions are the equivalent of hitting someone because I was angry and hurt and so frustrated I didn't know what else to do. And neither of my friends deserved to be hit. And now I feel like a piece of crap for hurting them. I feel immature, selfish, stupid for not seeing their side more clearly.
Sometimes I really really suck as a friend. It amazes me how much I sometimes suck sometimes.
3 comments:
Are you okay? You didn't really hit your friends right. Hopefully uou meant "emotionally".
I'm here if you need to talk. You know my IM address, right?
Tuesday, June 27th
No, I didn't really hit them physically. But my words to them were just as hurtful.
They've both forgiven me completely, and I'm so grateful that they care about me and value my friendship enough to do so, but I need to find a better way to handle my frustrations in those circumstances so that I don't do it again.
PS - I've edited the original post to reflect that it was my words that hurt them, not that I actually hit them.
Post a Comment