"...be willing to let go of being right! What I mean by that is, be willing to let go of having to do it your way. Why? Because your way has gotten you exactly what you've got right now. If you want more of the same, keep doing it your way." -- T. Harv Eker, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind
When I read that last night, it really hit home. This is exactly what I've been talking about since last December. If I want to achieve success, I need to follow in the footsteps of others who have already succeeded. This applies to acting as well as personal finance & wealth.
So here are the books I'm planning on reading:
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers
The Magic Of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D.
And that's just for the basic skills I feel I need in my life, to become a financially independent, emotionally healthy ADULT, to have the confidence to go after my goals, and succeed. I've also got a ton of acting books & newsletters I need to read. (I have to apologize to Bob Fraser, I have all of his e-books and Show Biz How-To newsletters, but I haven't actually read any of them, or put the information to use.) Good grief, how stupid can I be??
And that's my bad habit. I get the books & newsletters, and only read half the book or just the first chapter, if I read them at all. (This is what I meant when I said I have access to all the info I could possibly need, but do I actually use the information, the knowledge to move forward?)
And perhaps part of the reason I stop reading is because it's all overwhelming. I want to focus on everything all at the same time. I want to focus on acting, I want to focus on bettering my financial circumstances, I want to focus on exercising & loosing weight, I want to focus on how the hell do I pull all of this together? If I choose one to focus on, I'm letting the others slide. And each seems to have just as much urgency & importance as the others. I don't know where to start. So I don't start. Or if I do start, I get distracted by one of the others, and end up going in tiny, exhausting circles without achieving anything. And maybe I allow myself to do that as an excuse to not have to achieve anything. To stay safe, and remain a child where almost everything I have has been provided by others.
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!
So, I guess this is where the Daffodil Principle comes in. (I'm sure most of you have gotten this chain e-mail recently.) One bulb at a time. Be willing to let go of having to do it my way. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Dream big and believe I deserve to achieve all of my dreams. JUST DO IT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment