How Smart Am I, Hypothetically?

Has anyone caught the new game show Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? which premiered this week after American Idol...?
I think if I had auditioned for that game show--and I'm not saying that I did--but if I had, I can see two reasons that I wouldn't have gotten a call back: A) I don't think I would have shown nearly as much personality in the audition as the contestants that are actually on the show. So, now I know if I do ever audition for a game show, to just be really alive and let my personality shine, and not to focus too much on being smart. B) I think I would be too smart, I'd get (nearly) all of the questions right, too quickly to make the show very interesting. So maybe if I do ever audition for a game show, I'll do a bit of acting, pretend like I don't know the answers, just to make it fun. And then Murphy's law, they'll ask me something that I don't know the answer to, never knew the answer to in the first place because I never learned it, and didn't care that I didn't know until they asked me. And then I'll feel like an idiot for not knowing it. Thus making being smart more important than personality, even though I'm perfectly happy to laugh at myself most of the time. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
In other news my 8x10s arrived in the mail today, YAY! They actually don't look bad glossy (instead of matte, which is my preference). So I'm still not entirely happy with the photo itself, seeing it actually printed as an 8x10 instead of a smaller picture on my computer screen, but at least the prints look professionally cropped & edited this time. I spent a couple of hours on Now Casting this afternoon going through the audition notices, and submitted myself to 10 different projects. GO ME!!

No comments: