So, I spent 40 minutes on the phone yesterday, speed re-dialing, trying to get through the busy signal at Central Casting to get myself booked for the one and only bulletin they had posted that I was appropriate for. I finally *FINALLY* got through to the CD for the show. She was booking for several different categories for the same show, so she asked which category I was calling for. She asked me if I had appropriate wardrobe, I said Yes, and then she asked me to hold. When she came back a few minutes later she said, "I'm sorry, I tried to switch someone out into another category, but I wasn't able to. I can't use you this time." *sigh*. Oh well. "Thank you!" I said. But I think that is totally awesome that she tried to switch someone else out of the category so that she could book me! I'm very glad to know that I've still got a good reputation at Central, even though I've been away for two and a half months.
Abigail Abbott hasn't found me a new assignment yet, either, I finished my assignment Monday, and haven't worked the last two days. I spoke with my coordinator, and she said they'd be willing to be flexible with auditions as long as I give them notice. I was so glad to hear that, so my new work plan is to take any assignments they offer me, and work background in the down time. I'm not quite so willing to drive all the way into LA with my Mustang now, since I won't be getting nearly as good MPG as with my Tercel, and also since the Mustang has a bigger gas tank, nearly 5 gallons bigger. Bigger gas tank with lower MPG equals not really worth driving 30-45 miles one way for $45-$75 a day. (Non-Union rates, depending on how many hours). Especially if I'll be paying $30+ at least once a week to fill up.
Anyhow. I've also started researching (on Amazon.com) which camcorder to buy with my gift money. I've decided I'm definitely getting a Canon camcorder, the question is do I want to buy one with a mini-videocassette, or do I want to buy one that records direct to DVD? I think I'll stop by Circuit City or Best Buy so I can look at these camcorders first hand and ask questions. Such as which camcorder is tripod friendly? Which is scratching-take -after-take friendly? Which is changing-the-resolution-for-either -uploading -or -putting -on -DVD -for -my -reel friendly? Actually I have no clue if I need to put my reel on DVD or video or what, to send to agents, CDs, etc. I'm kinda clueless about my reel, need to do more research into that. All I know for sure at this point is that it needs to be uploadable for Now Casting. And it would be great to be able to upload it to LiveMansion as well. Now that the Movie contest is finished, I can genuinely start networking with local directors and actors, and I want to be able to show them my current work (scenes, monologues, etc.)
Yay, Abigail Abbott just called, got a new assignment that starts today through next Tuesday! I'm off!
Abigail Abbott hasn't found me a new assignment yet, either, I finished my assignment Monday, and haven't worked the last two days. I spoke with my coordinator, and she said they'd be willing to be flexible with auditions as long as I give them notice. I was so glad to hear that, so my new work plan is to take any assignments they offer me, and work background in the down time. I'm not quite so willing to drive all the way into LA with my Mustang now, since I won't be getting nearly as good MPG as with my Tercel, and also since the Mustang has a bigger gas tank, nearly 5 gallons bigger. Bigger gas tank with lower MPG equals not really worth driving 30-45 miles one way for $45-$75 a day. (Non-Union rates, depending on how many hours). Especially if I'll be paying $30+ at least once a week to fill up.
Anyhow. I've also started researching (on Amazon.com) which camcorder to buy with my gift money. I've decided I'm definitely getting a Canon camcorder, the question is do I want to buy one with a mini-videocassette, or do I want to buy one that records direct to DVD? I think I'll stop by Circuit City or Best Buy so I can look at these camcorders first hand and ask questions. Such as which camcorder is tripod friendly? Which is scratching-take -after-take friendly? Which is changing-the-resolution-for-either -uploading -or -putting -on -DVD -for -my -reel friendly? Actually I have no clue if I need to put my reel on DVD or video or what, to send to agents, CDs, etc. I'm kinda clueless about my reel, need to do more research into that. All I know for sure at this point is that it needs to be uploadable for Now Casting. And it would be great to be able to upload it to LiveMansion as well. Now that the Movie contest is finished, I can genuinely start networking with local directors and actors, and I want to be able to show them my current work (scenes, monologues, etc.)
Yay, Abigail Abbott just called, got a new assignment that starts today through next Tuesday! I'm off!
1 comment:
Hey sugar... Circuit City is having a camcorder sale RIGHT NOW. BIG! With prices $200 less than the same products at Best Buy. I just got a HDV Canon with a tri-pod and for the price it's a great unit. The only thing is that you need to additionally purchase a software program for your computer and some cables and such.
But that's true for any camera you buy.
Definitely go HD though, that's what everyone recommends. Looks more professional.
Good luck!
Post a Comment