Proof That I'm On The Right Track

"...get a Camcorder and practice in front of it. Do monologues, just talk and watch yourself talking. Do cold readings in front of your video camera. Watch yourself carefully and critically. Teach yourself. There is no better teacher in filmwork than you watching yourself on camera.
The best lessons I've ever had in camera work have come from watching tapes of my own work. Ouch, even that tiny little glance was too deliberate! It smacked of ACTING!!! Wow, that was interesting (didn't realize during the shoot that I had done anything. But that slight turn of the head WORKED. Why? It was not ACTED.) You and your camera are your best teachers. In Film." -- Ruth Kulerman, Actor Tips newsletter, 2/25/07.

"Actor Tips" is copyright 2006 by Chad Gracia and ActorTips.com, Inc. All rights reserved. For more articles on acting, as well as free monologues and play scripts, subscribe to the newsletter by visiting http://www.actortips.com

No comments: