You Smell Good

I was at my cousin's house a few weeks ago, all dressed up to go to her college graduation ceremony. One of the family dogs, a German Shepard, came up to me and started rubbing against my leg so that I would scratch her butt. (Don't all dogs love to have their butts scratched?)

I said to the dog, "You're going to get fur all over my nice outfit!" It is summer after all, and she is shedding like a worm. (Yes, worms don't shed, but that is a phrase my sister coined, "...like a worm". That's all I can say to explain that.) *Ahem* Anyhow, I told the dog she would get fur all over my outfit.

My other cousin, graduating cousin's brother, said, "She doesn't care."

So I said to the dog, "You don't care."

I repeated for the dog, "I don't care."

I said, "You don't care."

The dog started sniffing my hands and wagging her tail. I said for her, "You smell good."

I repeated, "I smell good."

My cousin said to me, "You're really weird."

Talk about taking Meisner repetition to a whole new level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there,

Isabel again

your blog is so inspiring. That bootcamp sounds amazing.

Apple and chair is next week. I'm thinking about using the one about the girl's mother who goes to space. It's a very different colour to what i normaly play. I tend to like aggressive and antagonistic women partly as a reaction to the need for 'niceness' in so many women. I think it's a wasteful state which is usually hiding something not very nice at all. Point is I thought i'd play a softer colour.

I've been tech-ing all week on a show that opens in 2 days. doing 12th night and i've had an awful time with my director. I have learnt some things that i mightn't have otherwise but the cost has been high. I'll be relieved when this semester ends in 2 weeks and i can go back to loving acting.

Isabel.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA.... I love that.