So I have been taking care of my kitty's eye, and she's been wearing one of those cone hats per the vet's instructions. I am amazed at how patient she's been with everything. She hasn't tried to escape from the hat. She hasn't been crying to go outside very much. And most amazing of all, she hasn't run away from me at all when she sees me approaching with the medicine dropper. She struggles a little bit, or keeps her eye squeezed shut, but in general it hasn't been difficult to give her the eye drops. She's been very patient about getting around with the hat on, making the adjustments needed to sit in the window or get the food out of her dish (I had to put it on a deck of cards so that the cone would fit around the dish and not hit the table top and she could actually reach the food). It's as if she knows that all of it is to take care of her and help her get better, so she's not making a fuss. She's been meowing softly at me a lot to tell me she loves me, and sleeping on my bed at night, which she usually doesn't do this time of year because it's too hot.
I've been brushing her twice a day for about 5-10 minutes as well since she hasn't been able to groom herself. But tonight, I decided to take her hat off so she could groom herself a bit, I supervised her so she wouldn't scratch at her eye, and she spent 30 minutes grooming her face, paws and tummy, all the places I haven't been able to brush. And she didn't fight me when I put the hat back on.
I am just so amazed. She's been so sweet and good. My dearest kitty cat.
1 comment:
aaahhhh!! you're a good mommie. I think your kittie know this which is why she gives you so much love back.
Post a Comment