Ugh, I am wiped out. It's my own stupid fault in so many ways.
First of all, I couldn't sleep last night because I was overly excited about the 48 Hour Film Project. I discovered on the website that the screening of the movies will be on a big screen in a movie theater. So I let my imagination run with that, my first film appearance on big screen. Could not sleep.
And so this morning, I was still worked up, and telling some of my friends about my upcoming big screen appearance. And then all of a sudden I started actually thinking about seeing myself on the big screen, and not just the idea of seeing myself, and suddenly instead of being excited, I was terrified. And then I realized that being cast as an actor isn't necessarily a given, anyways. And then I ran out of adrenaline.
And then when I got home this evening, my kitty meets me outside the front door with her left eye squeezed shut and watering. I pick her up to find out what happened, pry her eye open to discover a huge fox tail in her eye, the same way we get eyelashes in our eyes. So off to the vet we go, it's after hours so it's charged as an emergency visit. (There go my Daily Acting Workouts for Boot Camp II, plus half my rent.) So the vet manages to get the fox tail out of her eye, but apparently it had already been digging it's way in, and so now she has an ulcer in her eye, and she needs medicated eye drops every hour for the next 24 hours (and then every four hours for the next few days.) The kitchen timer is my new best friend. I am not going to get a lot of sleep tonight. And there goes the Daily Acting Workout I was planning to attend tomorrow. I don't think they'd like it at the Acting Corps if I brought my cat with me, "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt the exercise but my kitty needs her eye drop now." And I don't think my kitty would like the drive to LA either.
*sigh* Tired.
2 comments:
Lo, the sacrifices we make as pet-mommies the world will never know.
Sorry about the kitty. Very cool about being on the big screen.
Post a Comment