Update on rehearsals

I've been so busy since the last time I wrote, between getting my massage business up and running and rehearsals, and finding time to sleep breathe and eat.

So, I guess rehearsals for Honeymoon At Graveside Manor are going well over all, except for the fact that we've never had a rehearsal yet with all ten cast members there. There always seems to be at least two actors missing every night for one reason or another. We did get a Durward early last week, but then after two days the actor got laryngitis and hasn't been able to attend rehearsal since then. Hopefully he'll be better next week! But the actor is perfect for the role, he looks the part, and he's done a good job dumbing up the character. (IMHO.) And I finally got a Judy! Yay! The actor playing Judy is so much fun, I like her a lot. And it's interesting because I was having such a hard time nailing my character Suzanne and then when we finally got Judy, I suddenly had a much greater understanding of how to play Suzanne. BTW, Stan the director nixed the Avril Lavigne look, but just last night decided that we should be valley girls. All three of us (Judy, Suzanne, and Durward) will be wearing khaki pants and polo shirts with some sort of school emblem on them. I guess we go to a private college that requires uniforms. (Yeah, we're college students, not high school students after all.)

And we've also got another Suzanne to cover the performances I'm gone, yay! She came to rehearsal for the first time last night. She was shadowing me through one of our scenes, standing right behind me and acting right along with me. It felt kind of weird, but I realized by being aware of her that I haven't jumped into my role nearly as much as the other actors, that I could be doing so much more. (I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't had a chance to sit down with the script and analyze anything since we've started rehearsals, I've been too busy with my business during the day.)

And Stan announced a few days ago that he's requested the play run 9 performances over 3 weekends instead of the 4 weekends currently scheduled. Which means the play will have closed by the time I get back from Germany. That makes me a little bit sad. I'll miss the cast party and all of that. Sometimes I have a hard time feeling like I'm part of the group (because of my own belief system and habits) and knowing I'm going to miss the cast party doesn't help. *sigh* Such is the consequence of my choice. And even though I'm sad now, I still believe that the trip to Germany will be totally worth it.

So that's how rehearsals are going...one more week and then we open on Oct 7th. EEEEEEEK!

No comments: