Holy Crap (Part II)

Okay, so I went to the rehearsal tonight, and Stan the director had me read and work blocking along with the rest of the cast (which is a very funny cast, btw, with a very funny script) although only about half the cast was there tonight. And I guess there's still one male role open which hopefully will be filled tomorrow night.

Anyways, at the end of the rehearsal, I asked Stan if I was cast and we'd find an understudy for the weekend I was gone, or if they were going to look for someone who could be there for the whole production. He said that currently he doesn't have anyone else for the role, and he likes me, so unless something changes in the next 2 or 3 days, he's going to keep me and we'll find an understudy. And it turns out that one of the other female actors will be gone the same weekend that I will be. (I'm really astounded that I'm not the only one, but immensely relieved at the same time...)

Anyhow, YIPEEEEE!! I'm in a play! The first one since I made my decision to pursue acting as a career! Happy! I was very honest with Stan that I'm just starting out, and he said he thinks this will be a good learning experience for me, and I absolutely hope and believe it will be, I would be disappointed if it weren't. YAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you it'd work out if you were just honest about your situation. ;)
I'm very excited for you! I wish I could have been your understudy. Maybe next time...