I think I get to be in Honeymoon At Graveside Manor after all! Talk about everything spinning around again! (Not as the lead, though, when I spoke to the director on the phone yesterday, he said he was looking for one of the supporting female roles, which is totally fine by me.)
This morning, I signed on to find another e-mail from the director, which he sent yesterday evening to me and one other woman. One of his actresses dropped out of the play, and could we please come and read for him that night, the first night of rehearsal? So I wrote him back this morning, and said, "Keeping in mind that I'll be travelling out of the country the third week of Oct and won't be available for perfomances that weekend, if you still want me to read for you, let me know. I'd love to be part of the show."
So I got another e-mail back maybe 10 minutes later, saying, "Can you find someone to cover you that weekend? Or know anyone else that might be interested?"
So the first person I called was my cousin Christel. "Are you busy the third weekend of Oct.?" She said, "I'll have to check, but I don't think so." I said, "Do you want to be in a play?" She was like, "Oooo, interesting, I've never been in a play!" But she's done a LOT of performing over the last 10 years: in jr high & high school she was in performance choir and on the flag team, after she graduated high school she was on a professional flag team, she's currently on a professional swing-dancing team, and she took an acting class in college last semester. The point of all of that being that she's comfortable performing on stage.
I also sent an e-mail to my acting instructor from college, hopefully she can spread the word to her students if they want to cover one weekend or be in the entire production, and I left a message for one of my friends from acting class who knows a few other actors as well.
After all of that, I wrote back to the director and said I've contacted A,B, & C. Please let me know if and when you'd like me to read for you. He replied, "Can you show up tonight for a 7pm start? We're blocking Act I."
EEEEEK! So I'm still hestitant to say I'm in for sure, but it really does look that way. Happy and excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment