So this is love...
So this is what makes life divine,
I'm all a-glow, and now I know,
The key to all heaven is mine,
My heart has wings and I can fly!
I'll touch every star on the sky!
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of!
So this is love...
*sigh* I am so happy right now, the Universe just keeps showing me that I'm moving in the right direction. :)
I went to an audition tonight for a new play called Dead Letter Office, which is a collection of scenes and monologues based on the one or two line messages of cancelled postcards dating from 1915 to 1980. When I got to the theatre, it turned out there was a schedule conflict with rehearsals for another show they're doing, so they couldn't hold auditions. But the woman in charge of the 'non-audition' was the one who conceived the idea for the play, and she remembered me from an inquiry e-mail I had written to her last week. She's very excited that people are interested in her play, and she said that the writers have done such a good job creating vignettes from the postcards. Then she said she has the perfect monologue for me. That surprised me, but it makes me so happy at the same time! Now I have positive energy surrounding this opportunity as well as The Laramie Project.
She said that the theater will contact potential actors in a few weeks, and the actors will sit down with the writers and directors, and they will decide who they want to work with. The actors that are selected will be involved with the creative development process of their scene or monologue. The whole thing sounds like such an incredible project to work on, I would love to be involved in the creative process. I asked her if she was considering having each of the monologues performed in their respective time periods, and she said she would like to be able to do that. I think it would be really intriguing to do that.
Anyhow, I'm just very happy, lots of positive energy surrounding the opportunities I want the most! Yay!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
I just went back and read some of my older posts, and there was one a couple of weeks ago where I was writing how in Bob Fraser's book You Must Act! he seemed to be saying that talent didn't make any difference to an acting career, and that was really bothering me. Since then, I've read more of his book, and in the later parts he talks about skill and talent being important, much to my relief and exultation: I knew it made sense that even though there are those actors who become famous and successful without being immensely talented, in general talent and skill are a requirement. Anyhow, I didn't want to leave anyone with the idea that Mr. Fraser is saying that talent & skill are absolutely meaningless to an acting career, that was my misinterpretation. I believe his meaning is that while talent & skill are useful to the longevity of a career, an acting career needs to be built upon perserverance above all else, without perserverance your career will go nowhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment