Wow, long long day. Hardly slept last night from excitement. Could hardly keep my eyes open at work today, alternated with bouncing off the walls. Then fighting off a migrane in the afternoon, Excedrine Migrane helped, then after I got home, hours of further developing story concept.
My production team is coming together! I now have a wonderful director (who will bring crew to the project with him) on my team, and a wonderful writer to create the story!
Thoughts of how to finance the project run constantly through my head. Since the project is non-union, set a goal to pay half of union scale to my team. Researched union scale compensation -- HOLY CRAP! -- Paying half is not gonna happen. Need to find a balance between paying what is fair and what is within budget. Ordered Indie Producers Handbook: Creative Producing From A to Z, hopefully after reading this my learning curve won't be so steep. Wanted to order more books, but can't afford them right now.
And now it's time for sleep...
4 comments:
Hey,
I am adding you to my link list awesome blog and a valuable resource. Blogging about my first year in LA! I will be following.
-Laura
http://leadingladyla.blogspot.com/
Hi Laura,
Thanks for following and adding my blog to your link list!
Actually, I have read your entires. Ms. Producer. Hehehe. I was going to suggest putting together a Car Wash Event for the funding. Heh.
Lol, a carwash! =D Wayne, I'm laughing with you, because I've also considered selling chocolate at the office where i work. The employees with kids are forever bringing boxes of chocolates for whatever fundraiser their kids are doing. $1 per choclate. We'll get this web series rolling super fast that way...
=D
Post a Comment