Hello everyone! If you're reading this, thank you for coming back! I feel I've finally turned a corner today, and am on the upswing at last. I can't say that anything has changed for the better, or that I've fixed in myself what seems to be broken (or even that it is fixable in the first place). But life goes on. And maybe life is about going on even if you're not sure things will be okay. So I've decided to stop feeling sorry for myself, and I am choosing to move forward again.
Last night I logged in to NowCasting for the first time since before the writer's strike and submitted myself for as many projects as I could. But beyond that, there is very little catching up to write about regarding my acting career. (I've mostly been addicted to Facebook, come send me a message and add me, I'm looking for more gaming friends. Scrabble, Chess, Battleships, etc)
I worked on another student short about a month ago, called Pinata. the same student director that I'd worked with for On The Wire. The main character in this new short was a pinata. I didn't have any speaking lines this time--I think there was only one line in the whole script--but that's totally okay, I'm happy to help out with any of his projects, he's great to work with! The director and his crew were very professional, and I got to see how they all work together in their various jobs. This was cool for a couple of reasons: First because the shoot for On The Wire was a video shoot, no crew, just the actors, the director, and the sound guy. Pinata was shot on 16mm film, so there were lenses and focal range and lighting and so on. Second, because it was such a small shoot and a small crew--(Director, A.D., D.P., sound operator, script supervisor, camera operator, pinata pupeteer, and there were a few other crew members that I don't remember what their jobs were now)--I got to see how they work together. Working as a background actor, you get to see that as well, but not nearly as clearly or up close like this.
Oooo, and here's a piece of news that shocked the $#%@! out of me when I discovered it: I'm officially listed on the IMDb now!
It's for that documentary (Truth Has Fallen) that I volunteered to be a background actor for last year. And after some consideration, I added this credit to my resume, since the credit is officially listed on the IMDb. But, I didn't remember the director's name, so I looked it up through my own listing, and that was totally surreal. I look up so many actors, movies, etc on the IMDb, and then to be looking up my own credit--WHOA.
In other news, I'm planning to complete editing both of my short films that my friends Emory, Kim and I shot last year and post them here for you to see. Neither are anywhere near good enough to be on YouTube due to various technical difficulties (NOT due to the acting, my actors are fabulous!), but at least you all will be able to see the work we all put in.
So I guess that's it. OH! I just watched Romancing The Stone again a few weeks ago, for the first time in maybe 15 years? It is still such a good movie, so much fun! Still one of my top favorites of all time. And I really love Kathleen Turner in this movie. I guess she's usually cast as the strong, oh-so-sexy woman, so to see her as the shy, plain, damsel-in-distress in this movie--and she was so convincing in the role, she played it perfectly, she's adorable! If you've never seen this movie, check it out! And if you have seen it, watch it again!
Also, just in case I didn't mention this before, the commercial agent fell through, months ago, last year ago. I guess he's having moral issues with the theatrical agent who hired him, and therefore is hesitant to bring in new talent. This I heard from my actor friend who referred me to the agency in the first place. I haven't heard from the agent himself at all since my second interview way back when to go through my new headshots. Oh well.
8 comments:
I was hoping you would come back. congratulations on the IMDB. How exciting for you.
Come back? Never stopped checking.
Yeah!!!! I am glad to see you again! I am with krt...I never left. :) Congrats on the IMDB that is huge! I love looking ppl up on that and love even more when I can see ppl I know.
Sweeet!!!
welcome back isabelle, and *major* congrats on your imdb listing!
=D You all are totally awesome! *MUAH!!*
Add me to the "never left ya" list. Never did leave you. Not once, not never!
Life sounds busy, full. I'm so glad you are on the up escalator again!
I'm glad to see that you're back. We've missed you on the blog front. Congratulations on making it to IMDB. We should get together for coffee sometime.
Post a Comment