So, apparently, I was one of the few people to show up to audition Monday afternoon. I thought because of that, my chances were good that I'd get cast. I got a call yesterday afternoon from the student director of the project I auditioned for on Monday. He told me I'd gotten the part and asked me for my e-mail so he could send me the details. YAY! Ten minutes later, my phone rings again. This time it's the student producer. He told me he'd given the director the wrong numbers under the names, and so they would keep me in mind for their next project, but they don't need me for this one. =/
But I don't feel that I gave a very good audition anyhow. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep the last week, so I felt rather unfocused and dazed. Plus, looking at the director in the middle of my audition with an attitude that said, "Hey, aren't I cute? Do you like what I'm doing?" isn't particularly helpful to a professional reputation. In the break down, he said he was looking for a comedic performance, but I think I gave him a trained puppy dog doing tricks.
Moving on, I had another audition this afternoon, for a supporting role in another student film that is planned to be submitted to film festivals. I won't write about this audition until I hear back from the director, however. I will say it did go better than the last one at the very least. But the sticky part is, she would be filming Saturday evening at exactly the same hours that my cousin is having his college graduation party. (I'm really close with my extended family.) I mentioned the conflict, but that I'd really like to be a part of her project as well. So, we shall see if I am offered the role. Perhaps my cousin's party will still be going strong late into the night and I can stop by after the shoot.
No comments:
Post a Comment