So many reasons for that HUZZAH!!
First, I *LOVE* Best Buy! I especially love their 18 month interest-free promotions! They've got one going until the 31st, so I bought some stuff I've been needing and/or wanting.
I bought a digital camera! It is small enough and casual enough to use for fun pictures. But also powerful enough to take headshots with a high enough quality to print as 8x10's. Nearly every aspect of taking the photo can go 100% manual on this camera. So my plan is to have my aunt (who has professional photography training) take my headshots for me with my new camera! YAY! I'll be so much more comfortable with her than with a stranger, plus, we can break up the session, do one look on this day, do that look on another day, which I personally think is so much easier than trying to change my look, hair, and make-up 3-5 different ways all within a few hours.
I also bought movie editing software! I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but now with any luck, I can get my footage off the DVDs and into a computer file where I can edit them together, and upload to NowCasting & LA Casting, and to YouTube so you all can see them too! And hopefully some of the technical issues I've had with some of my amatuer projects can now be fixed (such as scenes too dark, etc).
Second, I'll be moving in a couple of weeks, HUZZAH! I'm sooo ready to move out of my current location. I'll be renting a room in a house that's only 20 minutes from my day job. BUT it's also further from LA. Like 60 miles east of LA. But I figure that's okay for now, because 95% of the time, I'm driving to my day job, and 5% (if that) I'm driving to LA to audition. And I've decided I'm only going to submit for paid projects from now on. If a student project looks really interesting, I'll submit for those too, but it's time to take a step up. And since NowCasting and LA Casting have very very few paid jobs listed for "Non-Union w/out Agent", it's time to make a plan and take action to find an agent. I'm also wondering if once I get a reel and resume clips up on NowCasting, if that will open the door to more paid job auditions. I don't know what kind of criteria the directors/producers can set on their end for casting notices.
Anyhow. All of that is HUZZAH!!
2 comments:
Yeah! I am glad for all your recent Huzzahs!!! :)
Hi there,
I stumbled upon your blog and was delighted! I have spent hours reading like every entry! It's great writing and very useful information about the struggles of getting into the acting biz. I actually found your blog while searching for people who've had experiences at The Acting Corps. It seemed like your experiences were good overall? I'm a brand new actor looking to join a school right away, and was just wondering if you'd care to share more? I.e., how useful was the school for you, do you think it's a good place for beginners to start out, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to email me at thewriteside@gmail.com. Thank you!
Post a Comment