Finally, time to get you all caught up on things! I was planning to write a New Year's post, stating my intentions for my career, but with the WGA strike current, and SAG striking come summer (most likely), and I've heard perhaps the Director's Guild will as well... That doesn't leave much room for my career moving forward for the next year or so. So I guess the only intention I can set for this year is to get paid non-union roles without crossing any picket lines. Get a lot of great footage to create an awesome reel so I can hit the ground running when all of the striking is finally finished.
I've also started taking another Meisner class, along with two of my actor friends, I'm so excited! I've missed Meisner so much, and now I'll actually have friends I can repeat with, yay! I tried to teach a couple of my other friends how to repeat after my summer classes at The Acting Corps, but I guess I didn't teach it very well, because they didn't get it and lost interest after the first 10 minutes, lol! This class is awesome because it's not
Lastly, I've got half of Boundaries.. edited, I decided to see how bad it would actually be with the choppiness of the footage, etc. As I'm editing sometimes the same clip would run smoothly and sometimes it was choppy. Then it turned out the opening titles animation that I created in Windows Movie Maker was choppy, too, so I thought maybe it's not entirely the footage that's crappy. So I installed my better graphics card, and that helped a little but not much. Then I installed a game that I had started playing a few years ago, but hadn't installed since my two reformats. The graphics were even worse this time than when I had originally played it on my old graphics card. So I went to the game support site, and the first thing it said was XP is horrible when it comes to graphics, and I thought maybe that's why the clips in Movie Maker weren't consistent. So I spent a few evenings downloading XP updates, updated drivers for my graphics card, DirectX 10, and after all of that the game runs beautifully now, but the clips and the title animation in Movie Maker are still just as choppy and inconsistent as before. So I dunno. I haven't had a lot of time to finish editing it yet. I still haven't decided if I'll reshoot or not, if we do I'd want to use two cameras instead of just one, that will cut down shooting time. But I'm also considering just finishing it, and posting it to my blog as is. Not to YouTube if it's still choppy, but to my blog, and I'll write specifically about what I learned. I'm planning to do this with Hit & Run, the horror short that we had to shelve back in October. At least that way the work we did on it isn't completely wasted.
So that's it. I haven't been submitting myself for any auditions recently, I'll start again in February, I can't afford to take any days off from work this month.
1 comment:
The next one we shoot will be much better. Hope your New Year is the best for you in your life and career.
Post a Comment