1. I decided to ask the office manager at my temp assignment if my assignment would end when they hired the new permanent employee, (instead of making that assumption) and I was told "Not necessarily". It seems like they'll still need me while they train the new person, and they may keep me on for a while after that as well, apparently there used to be three people doing the job I'm helping with, and the department is still behind on paperwork.
2. I'm considering when this assignment is completed looking for a temp-to-hire position with flexible hours in or near LA and moving out there. The temp-to-hire jobs pay more than what I'm getting paid now, and I should be able to make rent fairly easily if I'm earning that much, if I'm sharing an apartment with one or two roommates. Or perhaps even renting a room in a house. And then it won't be such a drive for auditions, and I'm more likely to meet people in the business.
3. I'm getting my hair done on Sunday. I want to get my hair permed again and get bangs like Sara Ramirez, but some members of my family think that I won't look good in bangs, and that the curls make me look to young. I do agree that the curls never loosened as much as I really wanted them to, I'm considering taking my own larger sized rollers (1" diameter), so that the curls will start out loose and then relax into waves which will look more mature and sexy. And I think bangs are cute, feminine and in style (doesn't necessarily mean they'll look that way on me), and perhaps I'll get slightly longer side-swept bangs... or maybe it's better just to let the curls grow out and go straight again, it's definitely cheaper and easier to maintain. But I love curly hair, I think Kate Hudson, for example is beautiful with her hair curly. That's the kind of look I want. But I suppose I should also keep my type in mind. I'm a mom type, best friend, sister, quirky girl next door, honest, innocent, & hard working, a comedic character type. What kind of hair style should I get for that? I guess that's why I was thinking bangs?? I don't know. And once I loose weight, will my type change? Can I play a romantic lead? Arg.
3. I lost two pounds last week again, bringing my total to 10 pounds! YAY! But on some level I'm disappointed because the only place I can see the loss in the mirror is in my stomach, I don't look quite as roly-poly as I used to. But I'm still heavy. Well, duh, I've still got 70 to go, of course I'm still gonna look heavy. I can't wait until I can see a real difference in the mirror.
4. I get to go see Wicked tomorrow!! I'm so excited!!
5. My mustang has finally settled into her identity. Yes, Geronimo is a she, especially now that I've got a pastel pink terry cloth steering wheel cover. And I've decided to shorten her name to just Moe. There was a girl I was aquainted with once whose name is Emily, but she went by Moe. And I want to get my car painted. Right now, Moe is white, and I hate white. She blends in much too easily with all the other white cars. I'm thinking maybe that spring green that looks so cute on VW Bugs. A fun color. I wish I could change my car's color whenever I wanted. There are so many different colors I'd love to try.
6. I'm in love with Pandora. This is one of the big reasons I'm not going absolutely nuts with the office work. I've discovered that the New Age Piano station I created is one of my favorites while I'm working, just letting the music wash over me helps me relax and feel centered, at peace.
7. I love spring, it's my favorite time of year! And I love the park I go to at lunch, I walk next to the lake, shaded by birch trees on the lake side and pine trees on the other and it's just wild enough along that path to remind me of all the hiking and camping I've done in my life, Indian Princesses, Girl Scouts, Outward Bound, the Grand Canyon, Sedona. And there are these yellow flowers growing along the path that look like weeds, but they smell so good. And the rest of the park is more cultivated, mowed lawns like you'd expect in a regular park, but there are elm trees, and flowering trees (peach trees? Chinese cherry trees?) I love the park! I love spring!
2 comments:
I love love love Pandora! I have discovered so many artists that I am really liking! Oh and great job on the ten pounds! I so need to get on the train! choochoo! You are a big inspiration to me! HTake care!:)
How are you seeing Wicked? Are you in New York?????
(One hopes!)
Post a Comment