Today was so much fun! My acting friend came over bringing her sister's camcorder (because I still haven't bought one for myself, boo!) and we recorded a rehearsal of a comdey skit we're writing to post on YouTube.
We didn't have a camera person, so we took turns filming each other. I'd film Kim saying her lines, hit the pause button, then we'd both laugh our butts off, I'd pass the camera to her, she'd unpause the video and film me saying my lines, hit pause, we'd laugh our butts off, and repeat the process until we got the whole scene filmed. It was so much fun!!
And the "editing via pausing" didn't turn out half bad, you totally couldn't tell we'd been laughing between, and our reactions were right on cue for what we had just given each other on the previous line. It was really really fun, and funny, and awesome to film it together. We're planning on actually filming it in the appropriate location next weekend, with a camera person, try and make it look more professional, possibly use it for our reels. We're also thinking of making it a web series, we're gonna call it "Random Acts", and do something different each episode. This one comedy, next one, drama, horror, thriller, more comedy, all of it rolled into one, who knows? The episode we rehearsed today we're gonna call "Engrish vs Englisch". I don't want to say why, I want to surprise you all when you see it.
My friend has hi-speed internet and is going to post the rehearsal footage to her MySpace, and I asked her if she'd post it to mine as well, since I don't have hi-speed. So, when it's up, I'll post a link here for you all, I'd love to hear your comments!
Also, I went to visit my director friend earlier in the day, the woman who directed me in A Faery Hunt last summer. I brought a play script with me that I've been interested in doing since I first read the play years ago. I told her I've always wanted to do the play and asked if she'd be interested in directing it. She said yes! So the next step is finding a space. She knows someone who owns a theater, she'll check with them, I'm gonna contact a few other local community theaters, see what's needed to bring in a play, and if that works out (ie not too expensive) then it's a go!
The play only has two characters in it. Which means if it is a go, I'll be onstage the entire play, first and second act. Which scares the crap out of me, because I've never been onstage with a lead role before, much less only one of two characters. I'm worried about my lack of experience. But after talking to my director friend about my concerns, I think it'll be okay, I think I can do it. She obviously has confidence in me, so I should as well. And this would be such an awesome learning experience for me. In a non-classroom environment. With a real audience that has paid money to come see the show. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! (Talk about a trial by fire!)
But before I freak out, we need to make sure we can get a performance space. Ducks in a row, then I can freak out. Okie dokie, then!
2 comments:
I think it is great that you are taking control of your future! You aren't waiting around for things to happen you are making them happen! :)
F'ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about the caps but I'm so damn excited for you that you are going to produce for theater. Good for you. I have dreams of doing that myself but not the balls.
Damn I hope that works out for you.
(I read the entries out of succession - did you happen to get the same camcorder as your friend? And by chance did it come with a remote? Both might help you with filming)
Post a Comment