So my friend told me she was auditioning for a manager and wanted to work on her cold reading skills with me. So I shared with her a bit of information that I learned at The Acting Corps about cold readings; Hold the paper you're reading off of up and to the side where you can easily see it , but not so that your blocking yourself or hiding your face. It's very distracting if you bring the paper up to look, then drop it down again when you say your line, all that rustling and movement. And if you keep the paper down, you're gonna look down and they won't be able to see your face. So I told my friend this, and she used that technique at her audition and the manager was very impressed, because apparently most actors don't keep the paper up so that their faces can be seen. So my friend has a leg up on this because of the advice I shared! I feel so good that I was able to help her make such a good impression! (Hope I'm not tooting my own horn too much.)
Also we've decided not to post the rehearsal footage of Engrish vs Englisch just yet. We don't want to give the story away. We decided it's better to get the final version of the scene filmed and posted and let people watch that first, THEN post the rehearsal footage, kind of like a behind the scenes extra, or a blooper reel or something. Sorry to disappoint you all, but it'll be worth the wait, I promise. We're tentatively planning to film on location (ha ha, makes it sound much more important than it actually is) this Sunday, presuming we can get permission to use the location. Okay, our location is a grocery store. I figure it's better to ask the manager's permission than to just show up with our camcorder and start filming.
Yeah, so that's it. I should go back to bed and see if I can actually sleep this time.
3 comments:
PLEASE get cracking on the editing. I am DYING to see this Engrish vs. Englisch. The title is so ridiculous I love the movie already.
I am going to keep your tip about the cold reads as well. And I am going to share it with friends.
I want to see too!!!!
That sounds exciting. You are working with your own script and movie? That's what I need to do. Next time you sign up for an acting group, let me know. If it's not to far from where I live, it might be fun to sign up and do. Then I'll know someone in the class.
Post a Comment