There's No Place Like Home

I've been away from my blog so long, it feels good to be back! Getting online at all has been spotty since my computer decided to break down on Thanksgiving morning. So I've had to work around my parents' computer schedule as well as my own work/ living my life schedule.

Most of my spare time has been spent at LiveMansion, gathering votes. Even as my total score has gone up, I've been losing ground on the Top Ten, because some of the other women have more time to gather votes, or a more extensive support group/alliance. I'm now #10 for Mee-gan, and may loose my place at the last moment if the next person under me manages to get enough votes. As I write, there are only a few hours left in Round 2, and I was attempting to find some people who were online at LiveMansion that I could ask to vote for me, but then I decided to just let the cards fall where they may.

I was really rather pissed off earlier this week, because I re-read the official contest rules for qualifying for Round 3. I had thought it was the top 25% of actors for each role. Therefore, for example, 149 women submitted for the role of Mee-gan, so 38 of those women would be in the top 25%. BUT NO!! According to the official rules, the top 25% or a minimum of 150 people for each role will be accepted into Round 3. Which means every single one of those 149 women who submitted for the role of Mee-gan is going on to Round 3. That pissed me off for a couple of reasons: A) I'd spent so much time gathering votes to get into Round 3, it felt like all of my spare time was spent on LiveMansion, I haven't been reading my favorite blogs, I've hardly been to MySpace to keep in touch with my friends there, I haven't been watching my favorite TV shows, so that I could gather votes to get in to Round 3. And now I find out we're all getting in, regardless of how many votes we have. Why did I even bother? Reason B) I was really looking forward to a manageable amount of actors to look at and vote for. If there were only 38-50 people for each of the 8 roles, I could probably actually vote for everyone. I didn't even get into the women this round, except for the women on my LiveMansion friends list.

But I've come to realize that even though everyone is getting through to the next round, my hard work paid off in that I'm on the Top Ten list, and that's a lot of high quality exposure! Many of the people I wasn't able to contact to vote for me will see my face, and I think that will be a help in Round 3. Only 3 people per role will move from Round 3 into the finals.

I don't know if I will make it to the final. One of the directors in the contest was commenting on the message board that the people with the strongest alliances will win Round 3, regardless of talent because they will be able to get the most votes. If I am able to spend enough time gathering votes, I might have a chance. BUT, Round 3 requires the actors to post a video, and I've got dial up. I've been going to my aunt's house to use their high speed internet to vote for the directors, who were required to post a video this round. And my aunt and cousins use their computer a LOT, so it's not like I can temporarily camp out and use their computer at my leisure.

I may decide to post my actor's audition video so the directors can see it, hopefully make a good enough impression for them to consider me for one of their projects outside of LiveMansion, and passively withdraw from the competition by not gathering votes. One of the directors has already decided to withdraw because there is no way to prevent cheating (making fake accounts to vote for oneself), plus no one has seen a script yet, we don't know if it's any good. And the barometer we have for quality is Beer League and Paris Hilton's National Lampoon movie. (LiveMansion has the same production company.) I generally don't like that style of comedy, even though they seem to be immensely popular. I've been second guessing myself through-out this whole competition, wondering if I really want to be an actor in the type of movie that I personally wouldn't go see. But on the other hand, because that type of comedy is popular, if I did get cast, it could be my big break. But again, the direction my career might take from this big break may take me in a direction I'd rather not go. Then again, maybe it would open more doors for me than I can imagine. If the movie is actually any good, which it may turn out not to be simply because of the way it's being created, with the online voting, etc.

Hum.
[Mood: Thoughtful]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in round three. You know I will be voting for you. I have kinda lost interest in the contest. It takes up too much of my time....oh my gosh you have dial-up...I send my sympathies. :)