Acting is Playing, Not Heart Surgery

I've just about finished memorizing the two character monologues for my LiveMansion: The Movie - Round 3 submissions. I'm having a lot more fun with the Mee-gan character than Sabrina. And when it comes to creativity and spontaneity in a performance, playing and having fun is king. I'm learning Mee-gan's lines much more easily, and I have a specific idea of who she is, how to showcase her personality, how to film her monologue, while I'm still not absolutely clear on Sabrina. I do have ideas for her, but they're more vague than the ideas I have for Mee-gan.
I've decided to go for it in the competition. I've worked too hard in this competition to just sit back and give up because I'm not certain I'll win. And as someone else wrote (in regard to themself) on one of the message boards, as an actor starting out I really have no business being choosy. Plus I've committed to this competition a long time ago, despite my wondering "Do I really want to?", so I will follow through. I will post videos for both characters, but my focus will be on getting into the Top Three for Mee-gan.
In other news, I still haven't ordered my headshot lithos -- RAR!! How on earth have I let myself get distracted from ordering them for so many weeks? It's been almost three now, hasn't it?? Good Grief!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Izz! I'm hoping that things work out in your favor in round three. Myself and a friend got into round three by default only so I'm not sure that I will even bother moving on. But I hope it all works out for you, love!