I made it into Round Two of the contest. Actually, Round Two started a while ago, and I just have not chosen to write about it yet before now. And now I'm freaking out, because I finally got my 1 minute video posted on my "Vote For Me" page, and I am so scared that it's not anywhere near good enough, and that I'll lose votes because of it. But I guess if that happens, it's for the best at this time, for everyone, all the other actors and the directors, and for me.
And I shouldn't be assuming that I won't make it through to Round Three. But to make it, I need to be in the top 25% of the vote for the role(s) I submitted for. So please take a moment, watch my video, read my answers to the Round Two questions, and vote for me as Mee-gan. After filming my video, I believe I can do a better job with Meegan than with Sabrina.
I submitted myself for Sabrina because I know I have the strength inside myself that she requires, but I felt a lot of that strength was missing in my video. During my classes last summer, my scene study teachers assigned me to roles that required strength of character, owning the power of the scene. One of my teachers told me, "You are a very strong person, you are not weak at all. You have so much strength that I don't think you've been using on a day to day basis." And so if the required strength is missing from Sabrina, I think it's just a sign that I need to continue working on connecting to and owning that strength.
And if nothing else, hopefully my takes on Mee-gan and Sabrina will show my acting range.

1 comment:
I just love you so much!
Your video is AWESOME! It's really really really great. I'm on my little weekend away and finally took some time to go online and went to your blog - and I've been just grinning since. You are really funny! I think your personality comes through on the video and people would be stupid to not vote for you. I watched it twice in a row.
And to finally hear your voice!!!! Yay! I feel like even more a friend now!
Post a Comment