decided to buy the Mustang. Turns out it's a '95, so it's just about as old as my car. And the owner was willing to drop the price so that it's a negligable difference in price between getting my Tercel engine rebuilt and buying the Mustang. Plus the Mustang has A/C, stereo and CD player, power everything, cloth upholstry, where as Daisy (I named my Tercel "Daisy") has none of that. She looks like a piece of trash, to be frank. So if I did spend the money to get the engine rebuilt, and I've been assured by people I trust completely that the rebuilt engine would last another 10 years, I would want to drive Daisy another 10 years, but I'd also want to get her repainted, re-upholstered, get A/C installed, get stereo/CD player installed, and all of that would cost far more than Daisy is worth, and far more than it would to just buy the Mustang. And perhaps the Mustang will only last 3-5 years (I'm totally guessing on that one, it hasn't had any mechanical issues at all yet), but I refuse to let my financial circumstances be the same as they are now in 3 to 5 years. I am setting the intention that I will either have my Mary Kay Career Car by then, or be financially able to afford to buy a new car in 3 to 5 years.Speaking of the MK Career Car, do you know what I need to achieve to earn it? I need to have at least 5 active team members (people I've recruited to sell Mary Kay), and between the six of us, we need to have $18,000 in wholesale production within a four month period. I personally am only allowed to contribute $4,000 wholesale towards that requirement, leaving $14,000 for my team to produce. (Wholesale production is how much product we order from the company.) After we achieve the $18,000 wholesale, I get the car or the cash. Then, my team and I have to continue to have $4,500 wholesale production every single month thereafter. If at anytime we fall short of that, I'll have to pay a portion of the lease amount on the car, or get less cash reward that month. And then after 21 months, my team and I have to requalify again for me to keep the car or cash, meaning produce the $18,000 in wholesale all over again. The first step is for me to be able to visualize this actually being achievable for myself. Right now it kind of feels like a mythological creature that doesn't really exsist. Plus, I have a lot of old, negative attitudes I need to overcome to actually take action on the "Drive a Free Car in 3 Months Plan of Action".
I walked the neighborhood on Thursday, placed flyers in the front screen door or on the doormat. (Which is not included in the "...3 Month Plan of Action". Just realized what a dork I am for that. I'm taking action, but it's not the action on the Plan of Action to get the car. GAH!) Didn't get brave enough to actually knock on any doors and talk to people. I always feel like I'm interrupting them. (I've done the door-to-door thing before for various reasons, I've never liked it.) I've also got a couple of open houses planned, one is actually in conjunction with another open house event that my friend is throwing, designer fashion and jewelry, and one at my house the following weekend.
And as soon as I get the Mustang in my possession, I'm going to the temp agency. I realized I'm not straying from my acting career plans at all, really. I had decided months ago that since during Dec & Jan a lot of the shows are on hiatus, I'd go with a temp agency for those two months. Or work at a day spa, but I injured my knee a few months ago, and it's taking it's sweet time to heal. Every time I think it's better, it goes out again. I've started taking a Glucosamine/ Chondroitin /MSM suppliment, hopefully that will help.
And on the acting front, I'm still working on gathering votes for LiveMansion: The Movie. I've also submitted myself for a new nanny show on VH1. I don't know if I'm the type they're looking for or not, but since I worked as a nanny for several years, it seemed stupid not to submit. I don't have any prints of my new headshots yet, so I haven't been submitting myself otherwise. And that, my friends, is the biggest reason I don't have more to show on my resume after 5 years, I simply haven't been submitting myself for anything. I haven't been auditioning for plays either, because then I wouldn't be able to work as a background actor, I'd have to work the temp job, which I was trying to avoid. Blah blah blah. It feels like just when I'm finally ready to take the step forward, something happens. I take a class. I need to work a real job for a while. All the shows go on hiatus. I can't afford to get the prints of my headshots. BLAH BLAH BLAH!
But I get that much closer to doing what needs to be done each time. So I guess I'm making progess.
See the tiny turtle, crawling up the hill.
Seems to you and me she's nearly standing still.
Though the steps she takes are infinitely small,
It's a step in the right direction after all!
2 comments:
Ooh tres fun! Mustang! Lovely...
I think you are going to do great on LiveMansion. Your video is fantastic and most people didn't bother to put videos up. I think it really helps having one. Plus your personality comes through and it is great fun to watch.
Other things will arrive at your feet as destiny wishes.
GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment