I went to the temp agency today, spent three hours filling out paper work and taking the skills tests, only to find out that the only work they have available for the next two weeks is for long term placement. (Long term meaning 6 months or more.) I don't if by picking a higher-quality temp agency this time, I outwitted myself from a short term placement, or if the majority of temp jobs available from any agency are simply long-term these days.
But on a lighter note, I have a new favorite movie quote to add to my collection:
"It's weird, empty footprints with no people in them. It's like the people are here, but they're not, you know?" -- Without A Paddle
(Fun movie, btw. Predictible but fun. A grown-up Goonies, poking fun at other adventure movies like Jurassic Park 3, The Princess Bride, and the Matrix, just to name a few...)
1 comment:
Took me about a week to get through it all, but I just read through the whole blog! What an amazing inner journey. You should read some of your earliest posts, see how far you've come. I've just begun my own humble blog, it's great to read other's experiences in the biz.
Post a Comment