I found another 1 minute monologue yesterday evening, this one is from Prelude To A Kiss. I've been wanting to do a monologue or scene from that play for ages, but Rita, the main female character hardly says anything more than one or two sentences at a time through-out the whole play. I always pull that play off my shelf and look in vain every time I'm searching for a monologue, you think I'd learn! But yesterday, I looked again, I found just about the only monologue the character has in the whole play, and it clocks in at just under a minute! Actually, the other characters have a few brief words in between the paragraphs, but I cut those out, and it works well as a monologue. I've been wanting to play Rita for a long time, because there's something intriguing about being an old man in a young woman's body.
I think this is the monologue I'll use for my audition tomorrow night, mostly because I'm more drawn to this monologue, more excited about performing it, and I think it has more dramatic potential than the other one, just a little bit.
And I'm still scared about my audition tomorrow, but I'm going to "cram" on this monologue most of the day, dig into deeper analysis, focus on that instead of creating the "ideal" emotional performance.
Breathe in...breathe out....
I think this is the monologue I'll use for my audition tomorrow night, mostly because I'm more drawn to this monologue, more excited about performing it, and I think it has more dramatic potential than the other one, just a little bit.
And I'm still scared about my audition tomorrow, but I'm going to "cram" on this monologue most of the day, dig into deeper analysis, focus on that instead of creating the "ideal" emotional performance.
Breathe in...breathe out....
No comments:
Post a Comment