Ok, where to start? The most exciting stuff first, yeah? Good, we're all in agreement then. Yay! =)
I have an interview audition tomorrow afternoon for a non-union tv pilot! Yay! The pilot is "a scripted, complex, character driven, feature length project, layered with multiple plots and subplots geared for HBO/Showtime and international markets." Wish I could tell you all more, but the less said, the better, I think. But I'm really excited about it! Even though I know that in general, presentation pilots are filmed with one cast, and then once the show is picked up, they usually re-cast with bigger names. But that's jumping ahead, haven't gotten anywhere close to that yet.
So, on to the next topic: Now that I'm feeling better (yay for specialists!) I've started submitting again, yay! (In case you hadn't already figured that out.) I've also submitted for a kids show that I would *love* to audition for, I read the breakdown description of the character I submitted for and it's a perfect fit, I'm bouncing up and down, waving my hand in the air, "Pick me! Pick me! I'm right here! Pick me! I'm perfect!" Please send out positive energy in regards to that submission that I get an opportunity to audition.
Last topic -- It came to my attention as I was submitting, that somehow the headshot I've been using on my websites is different from the headshots I have printed (with my old name). Not quite sure when, or why, or how that happened, but I decided to use the one that I have printed because it's better. So I GIMP-ed it out, cropped and resized into three or four different sizes (print quality and varying web sizes/quality), color corrected, went to all my sites and switched the old one out for the better one, submitted for a few projects in the process, which takes us back to the beginning of this post, in which I got an audition! YAY! =D
PS - I am still planning to get new headshots, but I'm almost thinking maybe I shouldn't, because I've been getting a very good return rate with these. It seems like each time I get the submission ball rolling again, and I submit for just a few things, I get an audition almost right away, within the first 3 or 4 submissions, every time. Or perhaps that's just the Universe looking out for me. Either way, I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment