(Is that how you spell soliloquiy? Nope, there's the red You-Spelled-It-Wrong-Line. Apparently it's "soliloquy". Yup, that's better.)
Ok, so now that we've got that straightened out, it's 12:36 am on Tuesday morning, and I am decidedly not sleeping. I'm not sure why. I think it's because it's been hot the last few days, and so it's too hot in my room to sleep. But then again, it's not really all that hot at the moment. My weather widget says it's 67*F. (Don't you love California? I'm saying that sarcastically, btw.)
By the way, my weather widget rocks. You should get one too. Most of the time it shows the sun on blue sky, or maybe clouds over the blue sky, or even rain. At night, it shows the phase of the moon and dark blue sky. But one day when I got up, my widget was just gray. No sun, no clouds, just solid gray. I was like "What the heck? What's wrong with my widget?" Then I look out my window. The sky was solid overcast gray, just like my widget. "Coooool." =D
So anyhow, I could still be awake at the moment because of the heat. But it's not that hot. Sooooo maybe it was that super-sized orange soda I drank -- well, guzzled actually -- at 8pm tonight. Orange soda has caffeine in it, did you know? Yeah. I forgot. Until now.
So, as I'm laying awake, creative ideas start wandering through my head.
I know, I know, I always get these creative ideas in the middle of the night, and then I never have enough energy during the day to follow up on them. =\
Anyhow, my ideas are really fun tonight. So I got up to share them with you. I was thinking of taking a single monologue -- un-copyrighted, of course -- and using my camcorder to film myself doing the same monologue as different character types. Like bumper-sticker/mise-en-scene character types. And then putting up the different various takes for all you wonderful friends and readers to take a peek at. And then perhaps ask you all to vote as to which character-type seems most natural and honest for me. Which one is most believable to you, the audience. An idea which may or may not backfire, since one person sees one thing and another sees another. But worth a try, maybe?
The monologue I've been thinking about using is actually one of Shakespeare's most famous -- I've been considering adapting it into modern english, which could get clumsy -- but taking the monologue out of the context of the play it's from and just having fun getting creative with it with the different character types.
Ok, now my head is swimming again, stupid vertigo. Gonna go do my vertigo therapy exercise and then attempt to sleep again. 'Night all!
Post Script -- I just went through a bunch of my older posts from January and February, looking for the one about bumper stickers so I could link to it (above), and I ended up re-reading a bunch of the ones about my five roles, and defining my character type, and my bumper sticker... and it occurred to me as I'm reading that maybe I've been making it too difficult. Maybe my bumper sticker is simply "Goofball Heroine" or "Dorky Adventurer". I'm so torn over the "goofball" part, though, still. If nothing else, trying out the different character types on a single monologue may help me define my bumper sticker...
P.P.S. I'm still absolutely in love with Chuck. I still want him to be my boyfriend. *sigh*
P.P.P.S. It is now 1:44 am, and I am definitely going to bed.... Really, I am.... Yes I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment