Weekend Rehearsal


Rehearsal for the student film went really well today! The director gave me some new direction to work with that really deepens my character, but I get to balance that with my original choices, which the director told me creates a very compelling character to watch. So I'm really excited about that. And the other two actors are awesome! I really love what they're bringing to the project. And I'm proud to say my Ego Monster did not make an appearance today, and I feel certain will not bother me again for this project.

I'm so excited to be working on this project, it's an awesome role with a huge rollercoaster of a character arc, an awesome role!




Our next rehearsal is in two weeks, and then we film it, and then on Nov 20th we perform the scene for the director's class.




I am grateful and thankful that the student director wants to film this, because his assignment is the in-class performance. The filming is extra credit. I've noticed that most of the other student notices for in-class performances don't offer any kind of compensation, so I am very happy and thankful to be able to get more material for my reel. YAY!




And here, because I'm in such a good mood, is a really fun (clean) video just for laughs: Along Came Jones




On a side note: I mention that this particular video is clean because the more I think about it, the more it bothers me that I actually linked to that Will Ferrell video a few weeks ago. That's not my usual type of humor, and I've realized that every video I link to says something about who I am. And while the WF video was funny at first, it was also shocking to me. I'm really bothered that he was teaching his daughter those words, even though she's probably too young to know what they mean or to even remember them. (I hope she's too young!) And so I don't want you all to think that is the type of humor I usually like, and it really bothers me to think that maybe some of you are declining to watch any other videos I link to because of that one. I'm probably making to big a deal about it, but apparently that's something I needed to get off my chest...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things went well