~ ANNOUNCING ~
The Premier of The Random Acts on YouTube
Yes, it's finally up on YouTube for your viewing pleasure! We've been getting mostly good feedback so far from Kim's friends. I have to warn you, however, the video is really bad. But in a good way. We may even win the (fictional) "Ed Wood B Movie Best Picture Award"! Actually, no, it's not quite that bad.
We had some techincal difficulties. Such as not being able to secure a location. Apparently grocery store managers won't allow you to video in their stores due to security reasons and such. Who knew? So we went to one of those discount warehouse stores, and filmed on the sly in there. But we only filmed a little bit, so that we wouldn't get caught. And yes, I was the one who foolishly nixed the idea that we change the location of the scene to a dry cleaning store, specifically the dry cleaning store that Kim's mother owns.
We also had some problems with sound, the stuff we filmed in the store is at a much softer volume than the rest of what we filmed, and unfortunately, we did not have the software or the technical knowledge to be able to fix it.
Plus, once again, we had no camera person for most of what we filmed, and no tripod.
But in spite of all this, or perhaps because of, I think the video came out pretty good. The style of the filming enhances the humor, I think. It's ridiculously stupid and corny. I'm such a spaz in this, I can't even imagine myself being a real TV and film actor. But, Kim and I created the absolutely best video we could within our limited resources, and I think (hope) that shows in the video. It's not bad because we didn't care.
So, what did we learn from this experience? (1) Make sure you talk about who is going to bring what to the filming, and don't make assumptions in respect to that. (2) Make sure you have a location secured before you set a date to film, and if at all possible plan out the shots you want and how to film them before that date. In other words, storyboard with your location in mind. (3) It's very difficult to get professional looking footage without a third person running camera and/or a tripod.
We'd love to get your feedback on the video, and please don't be nice. Don't say it was awesome or funny when you really didn't think it was. But hopefully, you will have good comments because you genuinely liked it!
2 comments:
That was so cool! Very funny! Can't wait to see more!
I saw your video. It's funny.
You should be able to get to my blog web address by clicking on my name. The redirect isn't working for my blog. I think you have to clear your cache for it to work..
Post a Comment