Dear Isabelle,
I’ve now had a chance to ... check out your new bio and headshots.
I’ve now had a chance to ... check out your new bio and headshots.
...Your bio is way too cutesy and gives away too much about your ‘needs.’ Cut
it down to a short two paragraphs about your background and your interests.
No personal stuff is necessary or wanted by any casting people. Assume that
you are already a ‘working actor’ and that will be how you are perceived.
Again, less is more.
I’ve enclosed a ‘crop’ of the headshot I think you should be using on the
site and I feel that you take down the rest of them as they don’t show a
single character.
it down to a short two paragraphs about your background and your interests.
No personal stuff is necessary or wanted by any casting people. Assume that
you are already a ‘working actor’ and that will be how you are perceived.
Again, less is more.
I’ve enclosed a ‘crop’ of the headshot I think you should be using on the
site and I feel that you take down the rest of them as they don’t show a
single character.
[*NOTE: The headshot Bob picked is the one in which I'm wearing glasses, with my hair tied back. He cropped it just below the collar on my shirt up. I tried to upload the photo here with no luck.]
Only one shot is needed and (again) wanted by the casting folks.
This shot is a character that you can easily do - and one that many shows
will use from time to time. Secretary, nurse, nun, scientist, teacher,
waitress, etc.
I hope my suggestions are helpful to you as I know they will be, when you
take action on my advice.
Have a great day and, as always ...
Much Success,
Bob
http://www.actingcareertech.com
http://www.youmustact.com
http://www.headshotsecrets.com
http://www.showbizu.com
http://www.showbizhowto.com
http://www.actorfaq.com
2 comments:
I hope his advice helps. I want to see you succeed and be happy. I don't understand why he would suggest you only leave up the one picture though. I'm not an actor so maybe I am not understanding his thinking but it seems to me that a few pictures would help describe you better.
Hi Marsha,
It makes sense to me that he would say not to have so many because the CDs only look at one. When they have 1000s of headshots to look through for each role, they look at one picture for literally one second, and if it doesn't catch their eye, they move on. I had more pictures up because I was thinking I'd submit with different pictures for different types of roles, but if none of my pictures show character, then it doesn't matter how many I have up.
Post a Comment