...having your own projects to work on! Our new YouTube series is making me so happy! Granted I'm not getting paid yet to be working as an actor yet. (I've recently changed my vocabulary from "I want to be an actor" to "I want to be working as a paid actor.") And I've started seriously submitting for auditions with my new headshots and haven't gotten anything yet. (I'm wondering if my new Bio helps me stand out in a good way, or in an unprofessional way...)
But in spite of that, I am so happy creating our own YouTube series! I'm working, I'm learning about myself as an actor, I'm learning what it takes to film a scene, I learning how to work with the camera...it's all really good stuff that makes me happy! And it's helped me feel so much more confident, even just the Engrish vs Englisch scene, with all it's technical difficulties, has helped increase my confidence. And I'm sure that will show when I go to an audition, that I'm not desperate, because I've got other opportunities in the works, that I'm confident in my ability to be a part of the team creating the film, TV show, or commercial. And actually because of that confidence, it's actually pissing me off that no one has called me for an audition yet. What the hell?!?
But we've got a lot of great ideas in the works for our YouTube series. Tomorrow Kim and I, and our new Random Acts member Myra, will be filming a fun, musically-themed episode. Actually, it will be two episodes we'll be filming, with one to be saved for later. We've also recieved a really fun feline-themed scene from my director/writer friend (the one who directed me in "A Faery Hunt" last summer). My sister and I are planning together to film a new twist on a classic comedic routine. And, I've still got my scary haunted scene that I'm working on. I haven't decided yet when that will be filmed. We also invited a guy, Emory, to join Random Acts, and I asked if he wanted to be the ghost in my scene, he accpeted, but he's not available for filming until July. I haven't decided if I want to wait until then to film, or adjust the script/find another ghost. Maybe I won't have to decide, maybe we'll have enough other scenes to film in the meantime that it won't matter if I wait until July...
Anyhow, I'm so happy to be working, on my own projects (no auditions required), learning and growing and doing, and looking forward to auditioning for paying parts as well!
*~HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY~* TO ALL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment