City of The Stars

You never know unless you try, right? Keeping that in mind, I've just signed up to audition for City of The Stars, a new American-Idol-type TV show looking for the next Movie Star (to star in family movies). Honestly, realistically, I don't expect to get very far, for several reasons, but that's no reason not to try. Maybe the obstacles I see can be overcome, who knows?
First, to move on to the second round (first round is just signing up to audition), you need to get as many of your friends, family members, and co-workers to vote for you as possible.
Go to the Voting Page to vote me into the second round, my audition number is 1218!
Assuming that I get enough votes to get into the second round -- and that's where my first fear lies, I'm afraid that I don't know enough people to vote me into the next round, I'm a quality-not-quantity-friends person -- So assuming that I actually do get enough votes to get into the second round, I'll need to send the directors a photo of myself. And that's where my second fear is; I know that I am pretty, but I am also overweight by about 50 lbs. I can almost guarantee that I'm not what they're looking for in a "movie star". But weight can be lost, and I have been working on it (slowly, I dropped a size last January and have kept it off) and perhaps they'll take that into consideration. However, my pessimistic mind (or perhaps realistic mind) tells me that there will be so many people auditioning, they won't even look twice at someone who is overweight. Thanks for sharing. Never know unless I try.
And if I make it into the third round, they'll want a video which shows off my personality. And that doesn't scare me so much. (Maybe because I don't believe I'll actually get there?) But from there on out, it will be up to me to create my success, I won't be relying on other people's judgements of me so much.
So. There it is. Please vote for me!

No comments: