Okay, so far I have 32 votes to get to the second round of the City of Stars ScreenTest 2006 TV show. Yay! Not bad for a 48 hour period. I'm brainstorming on ways to get more. It's interesting because no where in the audition guidelines does it say how many votes I need to get, or how long I have to get them. So I just have to get as many as I can as quickly as I can, and hope it's enough.
Go to the Voting Page to vote me into the second round, my audition number is 1218!
Mr. Fraser (You Must Act and Hollywood How-To, links at the right) wrote me an e-mail that has helped me feel better about this process:
"Please, stop worrying so much. I read your blog and want you to know that most of the things you are concerned about are not all that important. For instance, Kathy Bates isn't skinny either. Just keep going for your dream, realizing your goals, and improving your skills. That's what takes people to the red carpet."
So, yesterday I began to realize that it is possible for me to make it farther into this audition process than I thought at first. I began imagining what I would say and do in my 3 minute audition video for round three, that was fun. :)
I guess the silly part of all this is I don't really want to be a "movie star". That is not my goal. If I wind up there, okay, but my goal is to act in TV and film in whatever capacity I can. I like to believe that I'm good enough to be a movie star, I hope & pray and plan to work at improving my skills so that I can be good enough. But if it turns out that I'm not good enough, or don't have that special something that makes a "movie star", that's okay with me. As long as I'm working in the industry consistently and am respected as a decent actor working in decent projects, I'll be happy. That's my minimum success line.
Go to the Voting Page to vote me into the second round, my audition number is 1218!
Mr. Fraser (You Must Act and Hollywood How-To, links at the right) wrote me an e-mail that has helped me feel better about this process:
"Please, stop worrying so much. I read your blog and want you to know that most of the things you are concerned about are not all that important. For instance, Kathy Bates isn't skinny either. Just keep going for your dream, realizing your goals, and improving your skills. That's what takes people to the red carpet."
So, yesterday I began to realize that it is possible for me to make it farther into this audition process than I thought at first. I began imagining what I would say and do in my 3 minute audition video for round three, that was fun. :)
I guess the silly part of all this is I don't really want to be a "movie star". That is not my goal. If I wind up there, okay, but my goal is to act in TV and film in whatever capacity I can. I like to believe that I'm good enough to be a movie star, I hope & pray and plan to work at improving my skills so that I can be good enough. But if it turns out that I'm not good enough, or don't have that special something that makes a "movie star", that's okay with me. As long as I'm working in the industry consistently and am respected as a decent actor working in decent projects, I'll be happy. That's my minimum success line.
1 comment:
I just recently stumbled across your website and I really appreciate and understand where you are coming from. Also, I am voting for you after I'm done reading! Good luck in all endeavors!
Post a Comment