Two Identical Movies

I watched Dave today, Tivo caught it for me a few days ago. The plot of this movie is nearly identical to another movie I really liked but haven't seen for years, called Moon Over Parador, with the biggest difference being that one takes place in a fictional South American country called Parador, and the other takes place in the United States. And now having seen both movies, I like them both equally well. Moon... stars Richard Dreyfuss, and Dave stars Kevin Kline. The plot of both is that the leader of the country (dictator in Moon..., president in Dave) dies/becomes incapacitated, and one or two of the governmental higher ups decide to bring in an impersonator who looks identical to the leader to "replace" the leader and become his puppet. Only the identical replacement soon begins to think for himself and make decisions that are not in the power-hungry "puppet-master's" plans. Plus the replacement falls in love with the former leader's estranged wife. The movies are truly nearly identical.

But the point of this post was supposed to be that I had forgotten how much I admire Kevin Kline, he is such a freaking good actor! I haven't seen any of his movies in a really long time, and watching Dave today just brought it all back.

No comments: