Been quiet for a while now because I'm back in waiting mode.
I've started an e-mail "Round Table" with my writer, my director and I as we further develop the script and characters from the first draft. (That works as "Reply All" emails.)
Looking at negotiating a Writer's Collaboration Agreement between the three of us. Wondering where the line for creative rights lies between the creator/producer giving a story concept to a writer, and the writer doing the technical work to bring the concept to life in a script. And where that line moves to when you bring in a third to help further develop the concept and the characters, and then the writer again brings the new & improved concept to life in a script.
Also need to set up a real meeting, so my writer and my director can actually meet face-to-face, and it probably wouldn't hurt to discuss some of these things face-to-face either. But I'm still not driving, although I want to attempt to drive to the grocery store. (Only a couple of blocks from home.) I've been saying that for the last two weeks, maybe I'll actually try it tomorrow. Then, once I'm ok driving again, at least short distances, I can drive myself to the Metrolink station (4 miles from home), ride the train into OC, and meet with them near there.
But my writer is on vacation until Thursday the 18th, and then my director is gone for the weekend starting the 20th. So not much to be accomplished until Mon the 23rd.
3 comments:
This is really fun to watch you develop- can't wait to hear more.
By the way, did you know that I also have an acting blog in addition to Bite-Size Business? It's at http://erincronican.blogspot.com. Hope you enjoy it!
Erin =)
:) good luckkkkk
http://leadingladyla.blogspot.com/
I think it is great that you are doing so much for your career. Keep it up.
Post a Comment