*sigh* My internet is running so freaking S... L... O...W... L... Y... and I can't figure out why. I've rebooted, defragged, removed temp files, scanned for viruses, restored to a backup point. I guess that must mean it's my connection, but it's never been this slow before. It's been slow like this for days! Some days I can't sign on at all... And it's not my service, so I can't call anyone to find out what's going on, the service is being provided by my landlord/roommate.
Anyhow, I finally got the first draft of the first episode for my web series from my writer, I'm so excited about what she's come up with! Waiting to hear back from my director about his thoughts on the script.
Oh, and both my director and writer have agreed to do some producing, so between the three of us, I'm very optimistic that we can produce this project with high quality.
I've been researching fundraising options, and found a couple of socially responsible options: Fair Trade third world products, and Fair Trade coffee. Will research to see if there are more socially responsible options. I like the idea of giving back and helping improve the world as I work towards reaching my own goals. Lift as you climb.
Planning to make it part of my project's mission statement that for every dollar donated to our project through Paypal, (instead of one of the fundraising programs), 10 cents will be donated by us to charity. I'd rather donate the money from the front end in this way, than from the back end (10% of the profits). I'm hoping, planning, doing everything in my power to make this a project that will bring in good profits, but you never know. Back end donations could turn out to be an empty promise.
Starting work on my business plan. Lots of business decisions to be made that would be boring to write about. Such as do I want to DBA or LLC (become a company) for one production? Do I have a choice? Am I interested in producing more in the future? And many more questions that go along with that.
So... Yup, that's about it for now. Peace!
1 comment:
I like the way you think on raising the money. It is a great thing to give back while you are also trying to follow your dream.
Post a Comment