Today was the in-class performance of On The Wire. We ran through the scene for the class once the way we had rehearsed it. It went pretty well I thought, although when asked his thoughts by the instructor, Joe (our student director) said we had rushed the scene a bit, probably due to the fact we hadn't performed the scene live in front of an audience before. :P
So then the instructor gave us (the actors) adjustments, mostly to feel free to move around and actually interact with each other. The entire scene is a phone conversation, and each of us is in a separate location. So we ran the scene again with the adjustments, and Peter (the actor playing Heath the serial killer) totally brought it. He totally got in my personal space, and for the first time I was really deeply, instinctively reacting to him and what he was saying to me. It was awesome! That's not to say I hadn't been reacting to him before, it just wasn't affecting me as much and I didn't want to push for a bigger reaction from myself out of fear that I'd make it too big or too fake.
So Peter was the star of the show this afternoon, Bravo!
Just on a side note, Joe's class was a directing class, so there were no notes what-so-ever on the acting, which felt really odd to me. My Ego-Monster was unhappy with that, but I patted it on the head and told it to be quiet.
We also got our copies of the filmed version of On The Wire today, and I watched it when I got home. It looks great! Very professional and stylized, I've got some really good material for my reel. Hopefully in a few days, I'll have figured out how to transfer the DVD image to a computer image and I can upload it, assuming I get persmission from my director to do so. Otherwise, I'll just cut it into a reel with footage from Exchange, and apologize that I cannot share the whole film. I will hold off on commenting on how I feel about my performance in the filmed version of On The Wire until I can put it up, and most of you have had an opportunity to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment