So Much To Write About...

Wow, I just discovered this site, LiveMansion.com, and it is CRAZY! But in a really good way! It seems to be a MySpace-type site especially for actors, directors, and producers. There's a contest going on to be in a LiveMansion member created movie, which I found out about through a bulletin my blogger friend Marsha posted on MySpace, so I signed up so I could vote for her, and apparently I've entered myself in the contest as an actor as well! And what is completely unexpected for me about all of this is all these other actors and directors who are also entered in the contest are voting for me, writing me messages saying, "Hi, welcome, I voted for you, please return the favor!" And many of these are professional actors and directors! I hope even if I don't make it into the next round of the contest, I'll make some really good business contacts!

So, what else have I been up to since last Thursday?

I sent a link to my NowCasting headshot and resume to Bonnie Gillespie after checking out her website Cricketfeet, just a general submission.

I went to a seminar Monday night: Making Hit Shows & Movies For The Internet, with Marc & Elaine Zicree. Apparently YouTube is taking off, and the networks are starting to take notice of material presented there. I learned that I don't know the first thing about making a movie, but it is possible for me as an actor to create an internet series or movie for myself for very little money (the power of helping others), if I have the where-with-all to network and get a crew together, find a set, get a script and a director. Yeah, wow. Another idea that sprang from my attending this seminar is for my friends and I to create our own demo reels using a high-quality digital video camera, and a movie editing program. We'll pick appropriate scenes that don't require fancy locations, but we will film on location, not in a black box theater or empty room, and we can list them on our resumes in much the same way that the film student scenework is listed.

I've confirmed my headshot session for October 21st, yay! I'll be really glad to get new headshots with professional lighting and better wardrobe choices. I'm really happy with my new perm now, the curls have relaxed nicely, and once again, I am feeling pretty! Yay!

I have started working my Mary Kay business again, yesterday I went flower booking with my fellow Mary Kay consultant. Flower bookings are fun, because you get to give roses to women just because, and it usually totally makes their day. Of course the business side of that is you also offer to enter them in a raffle you're holding to win free product. I collected 19 names and phone numbers, go me!

And I got myself booked as background for two days on Help Me Help You, I will be a Yogurt Patron, and my call time is 1:30 pm. YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having a good time at livemansion. I am having a good time their too!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything is working in your favor and it is fantastic to read all these wonderful happenings. I truly believe that we bring good things to ourselves with our positivity and openness to fortune. You are a true example of that and I admire that about you.

And I voted you a big ole 5 on the site. Love ya!