Alright, everyone, sorry it's taken me so long to update. So here's the scoop on the TV show I worked on last Tuesday and Thursday.
I was picture-picked by the CD at Central Casting to be a victim, along with three other women, plus the principle guest starring actress who actually got lines. She was very nice, stopped by the four of us non-speaking victims to say hello and introduce herself.
Tuesday morning after we checked in at 9:00 am, we went to wardrobe, where they had specific clothing already picked out for us! We decided as we changed into the oversized, over-patterned dresses that we were victims of the horrible fashion of the 1980's. Then after hair and makeup to take us back to good old 1989, (we did not get to be dead victims, darn!) the four of us were given over to the Prop Master--brand new, interesting thing, being a prop. He took us to the Gilmore Girls backlot to get our pictures taken, and our pictures were to be used in the episode.
During the 10 minutes that I had my pictures taken, I felt like an actor. The photographer gave me simple directions on what to express in the photos, and complimented me that I did a good job. When he showed the previews to the Prop Master, the P.M. said "Those are very cute, this one will be featured." (Yay for me taking good pictures!)
We were done taking pictures and back in holding by 11 am. I had been worried that we'd be wrapped early, and I'd have no where to go until it was time to leave for my fitting at 5 pm. (I certainly wasn't driving an hour or more home, and then back again on another round trip a few hours later.) Turns out, however, that this was one of those days when they prefer to let us hang out and eat free food for the 8 hours that we are paid for instead of wrapping us. So, by 3:30 pm I was beginning to get worried that I would not make it to my scheduled fitting on time. I began to wonder if I should cancel, which can be very bad for one's reputation, but if they weren't willing to wrap me, I would have to cancel, I had booked this show before the fitting. I tried to find our PA to ask if I could be wrapped, but everyone was at lunch. I did speak to one tech guy, explained the situation to him, and he said he'd try to find our PA and let her know. By 4:00 pm I still hadn't heard anything, so I called Central Casting's emergency line, and let them know I hadn't been wrapped yet, I wasn't sure I'd make it by 5 pm. They said not to worry, it wasn't that late yet, and to call back when I had a better estimate of when I'd arrive. Ten minutes later, our PA got back from lunch, and she immediately walked over to me and said, "You're wrapped," and also wrapped the other three women. I was so grateful!
The freeway was incredibly empty for 4:30 in the afternoon, and I made it to my fitting by 5:30 pm. I showed them my costume, (which my A Faery Hunt! director designed, credit given where credit is due) and the picture I had brought along, and they loved it! (Minus the wings of course.) "You are golden!" they told me. And so, barely 10 minutes after I arrived, I was done. And Apple Blossom will be in the movies!
Thursday was an evening call for me and the three other non-speaking victims. We would be recording a video interview without sound, and then in the episode the recording would be playing on a TV in the background of the main action of the scene.
I got picked to be filmed first, and they took me into a little bare room with nothing but a video camera and a backdrop. There was a lot of waiting, of course, as one crew guy or another came, fiddled with the camera, then left again, then another guy, then the first guy again. I heard them say the director (who was outside the room, also working with the principle actors on the scene that was being filmed concurrently) wanted to see the recording, so they plugged in the camera to his monitors. One of the crew guys wandered in, looked at me and said, "I remember you! I saw your picture on the crime scene board!" I was like, "Really?? That's cool!"
Finally, someone came in and slated my camera. That was interesting to have the marker in front of my face, just for me, for the very first time. I started feeling nervous, but nervous worked for the character, so I just allowed myself to be nervous. When they started interviewing me, they told me to look directly into the camera lens. I discovered how hard it is to think when you're attempting to maintain eye contact and focus on the camera. I found myself stumbling over some of my words (thank goodness they weren't recording sound!), looking away momentarily to collect my thoughts, or looking at the guy behind the camera who was asking me questions. I believed (hoped) all of that was appropriate to the type of video I was recording. When we finished, the camera guy complimented me, "You did a good job!" and then he said it again more softly, watching the play back.
It seems to me I made a good impression, both with my photos and with the video, and I took note that the director wanted to watch the recording. As soon as I heard that, I decided that my recording was an unofficial audition, and I hope it will manifest a good opportunity for me sometime in the future.
The episode is called "Lonely Hearts" and will air on November 19th, according to the IMDb. Look for my picture on the crime board, and on a TV monitor in the background! (Time to play "Where's Izzie?")
5 comments:
I find myself getting excited every time I see a new post of yours. Congratulations on everything that is happening for you.
As soon as I saw the date I opened my calendar and marked it down. I will be cheering you on from New York honey. Congrats on all these recent successes!
So very cool! I agree with Marsha I get excited to see what you've accomplpished since I last read your journal. Keep going and it seems you've got the right idea about how things an manifest into bigger opportunities! Your positivity is encouraging to me!
Wow I was so eager to get my words out there that I messed up a couple of them! Woops!
Very cool! It's always nice to hear about someone who's career is cruising right along. Here's to featured roles in your future!
Post a Comment