I'm so excited! Tonight I've discovered so many new (to me) resources for professionally producing a web series.
It all started with a tweet by @JonathanNail. I used to read his blog several years ago, and now he's professionally producing a web series of his own, and doing a great job marketing it. A good example to follow, imho.
And speaking of good examples, here's a list of web series that are leading the way: The Streamy Awards. All of these series that won, even the two at the bottom of the page (Best Ad Integration in a Web Series, Best Artistic Concept in a Web Series) have something to teach those of us who want to professionally self-produce a web series.
Through exploring TubeFilter and the sponsors listed on The Streamy Awards pages, I found so many new options and websites for distribution of my web series Temporarily Mary once it's complete; business tools to make that distribution more successful; as well as educational opportunities such as the TubeFilter Meetup that Mr. Nail mentioned in his tweet. (I haven't had time yet to fully explore all of these options, and since I've found quite a long list of new resources, I'll wait until I've learned more to post links to these.)
Also found a new option for fundraising for production: Fractured Atlas offers fiscal sponsorship that would allow monies donated through F.A. to be tax-deductible for the donor. Plus, Fractured Atlas is a 4 star charity (out of 4 stars) on Charity Navigator, yay!
So, I'm super excited with all the new resources I've discovered! Episode 4 of Temporarily Mary is currently being written, and I really like the specific ideas my writer and I came up with, so I'm very excited to read the new draft for this episode.
HOME - IsabelleRobertson.com
HOME - IsabelleRobertson.com
1 comment:
great post! cant wait to check em out
Post a Comment