My writer delivered a second draft of the first episode on Friday. I'm really happy with the way it's shaping up, both the specific episode and the series as a whole.
And as a way of filling my desire for it to be my turn to be on set, working on a full out professional production, I've been submerging myself in Behind The Scenes clips of various movies, living vicariously through them. (It's amazing what you can find on YouTube.) *sigh* It's a double edged sword, however, because watching Behind The Scenes footage adds to the flame too.
I watched a movie the other night, Red Eye. A Disney film directed by Wes Craven. (WT...?!?) Anyhow, parts of the film were mediocre, the script and plot lines could use some help, the supporting actors weren't the best. But Craven's directing was impeccable as always, and the two leading actors, Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy were absolutely riveting.
I've also become addicted to the TV show Lie To Me*. I started watching it because I thought learning more about how emotions are physically expressed would be helpful to me as an actor. Turns out the show is all about involuntary micro-expressions revealing hidden emotions. And I find myself fascinated with Tim Roth's character on the show. He has a casual intensity about him (as someone described it on the Hulu discussion board for the show), and watching him watch the other characters, his reactions to them, is fascinating to me. So much of this show is about what's underneath the spoken lines, what's being said when nobody is speaking. I'm looking forward to the second season next fall.
1 comment:
Sharing some Link Love! <3 I have linked to this blog on my post, Link Love 1. :)
Post a Comment